Scroll through other Felixstowe closed premises
Pub burnt down one night.
When the Pier Hotel became the Little Ships isn't certain, but it's clear from the 1910 Felixstowe Rate Book that it was the Pier Hotel in 1910 and changed some time during the duration of the book (early-mid 1930s).
HMS Beehive (a Royal Naval Coastal Force with MTBs) was headquartered at Boomer Hall in Felixstowe docks during WW2 (from 1940-45) which was located close to the Little Ships Hotel.
Site is now part of the modern port redevelopments.
The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the Pier Hotel's license was issued in 1877. Whether this was when it was first licensed or when it got a full (ie not just beer) license isn't clear, though the latter seems more probable.
The hotel was requisitioned by the military for use as a hospital on August 5th 1914, for the duration of the war.
last updated 07/11/2014
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic book information from Bob Mitchell)