closed October 10th, 1908
last owner Colchester Brewing Company
11 The Cross
grid reference TM 145 738
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
last updated 13/09/2014
Built early 18th century.
Closed 1908 as part of a scheme to reduce the number of "excess" alcohol licenses.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
Closure date from Eye town licensing records.