closed between 1871 and 1883?
grid reference TL 897 793
View in Google Earth
last updated 08/12/2013
The building isn't shown as a pub on any available OS map (as far back as 1883), so presumably closed between 1871 (the latest directory entry found so far) and that year.
It appears the building was used as a police station then the Post Office after the pub closed.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)