Current building was originally four cottages dating from about 1625. Converted in 1968 to create an attractive pub which offers a simple but comfortable public bar and a larger and characterful restaurant/lounge.
Please be aware that the Cretingham Bell has recently closed (late October 2013), with the Landlord and Landlady leaving after four years.
The future of the pub is currently uncertain as the actual owner of the property lives abroad.
The original Bell is now called Dial House and can be found near the church.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)