Scroll through other Bungay closed premises
The 1909 Rates book mentions the Name Crossways in the same entry as the Thatched House. Although hard to read, it seems to say "Crossways in Thatched House".
Shown here on the 1837 OS map.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** on 08 Aug in 1804 states that :
the Cross Ways Public House, in Bungay, near the road leading to Flixton, in the occupation of Mr Rt. HOGG, as tenant from year to year.
(Owner appears to have been Mr Thomas MILLAR, deceased, Bookseller, Market Place, Bungay)
last updated 20/05/2013
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)