Bungay King's Arms
closed 1900 circa
42 + 44 Bridge St
grid reference TM 337 899
View in Google Earth
CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.
last updated 30/06/2015
A report in the Ipswich Journal** in Oct 1850 states that :
Mr C Bunn, applied to have the license for the Kingâ€™s Arms to be transferred to him from a person named Roe, but as magistrates at Harleston had recently refused to renew his license for a house he had in that town it was decided to defer his application.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** in 1860 (Mar-17) when Mrs Spink was landlady states:
Mrs Spink identified Mary Taylor and James Day as a couple who had lodged at her house and had been there on the day William Brown was robbed of his purse. They were both found guilty and sentenced to 9 months hard labour.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** in Dec 1860 states that :
Leave was given to William Watson to hold the license of Kings Arms until the Special Sessions to transfer licenses.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)