Brandon White Lion
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.last updated 11/04/2015
A report in the Bury & Norwich Post** in 1861 (Aug-06) lists William & Caroline Wilding at the Brandon Lion? and states: that "William was given 12 months hard labour for receiving goods knowing them to be stolen."
A report in the Bury and Norwich Post, and Suffolk Herald*** on 25 Oct in 1864 states that :
A disorderley house - William Betts, of the White Lion, Brandon, was charged PC PC Hunt with having a disorderley house. This being the second offence of the same discription since licensing day, defendant was fined with costs 3l and 6s.
The location for the White Lion is also where the George Inn is located after 1864.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information & Slater's Royal National and Commercial Directory 1850 from Ken Griffin)