Crown Hill, The St
grid reference TM 048 759
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Mid-Anglia branch.
last updated 13/01/2016
Former commercial inn and posting house, known to date back at least to 1782 when it was mentioned in an advertisement in the Norfolk Chronicle.
The cottage immediately to the left of this building appears separately in the Listed Buildings Register as "Crown Hill Cottage [...] formerly part of a coaching inn", so was evidently once part of this building.
Having examined the Hartismere licensing records from 1923 to 1962 and found no trace of this pub, we conclude it must have closed before 1923.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)