grid reference TM 048 759
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Mid-Anglia branch.
last updated 24/02/2016
Built early 18th century, with 20th century alterations.
An announcement in the Bury & Norwich Post* in 1878 (Jan-08) when John Fryett was landlord, reported the death on 30th December 1877 at the age 78 of his wife Euty wife of the Angel beerhouse.
An attempt to close the Angel under a scheme to reduce the number of alcohol licenses was made in 1925, but failed.
Final closure date is unknown, but the latest Eye licensing records we've seen show it still open at least as late as 1967.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(* historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)