Copdock White Elm
previously known as New Elm Inn
closed September 28th, 1970
grid reference TM 111 405
View in Google Earth
Copdock is part of the Copdock & Washbrook parish
last updated 23/05/2015
The 1838 OS map shows this pub as being at the junction with Elm Lane. The Post Office Directory of 1891 lists Kerry Lambert as landlord of the White Elm, whereas Kelly's Directory of 1892 lists the same landlord at the "New Elm Inn". The original pub was demolished when the road was widened, presumably round about that time.
Closure date from Orwell licensing records.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(**** historical details supplied by Neil Langridge)