Scroll through other Nayland closed premises
A 16th century building, the pub got its name because it was next to a butcher's shop.
A report in the Bury & Norwich Post** on Apr-07 in 1874 when James Bacon was the landlord states that : The landlords of The Butchers Arms, Vine and Compasses were all called to give evidence in the trial of 4 men accussed of burgalry and attempted murder.
listed building grade II
Nayland is part of the Nayland with Wissington parish
last updated 20/10/2014
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)