Scroll through other Bardwell licensed (non-pub) premises
Originally a 16th cent. coaching inn. Today better known for its food.
The building dates from the 17th century.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** in July 1805 states that :
To be sold by auction all that well known and good accustomed public house called the Six Bells, situated in Bardwell, near Ixworth; comprising good partition parlour, bar, 3 good sleeping rooms, a detached back house and dairy, good cellar, a pump well supplied with excellent water, 2 stables, large yard, convenient outbuildings, 2 large orchards, planted with the finest cherry trees, and other choice fruits, large garden, together with 6 acres, more or less, of exceeding rich arable land; the whole may be viewed by application to Mr Noble the present tenant.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)