Scroll through other Chelmondiston closed premises
Large open-plan bar which was mainly used for dining.
Closed and empty since early 2008.
Planning permission for residential conversion was granted in October 2011. Though a plan to reopen the pub as a "Real Ale destination pub" was mooted in 2012, this came to nothing.
last updated 07/11/2014
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(*** Last Orders is a free local newsletter - published by Suffolk CAMRA memers since 1978)
The Ancient Order of Foresters began in 1834 and were previously called the Royal Foresters (formed in the 18th century). Members pay into a common fund from which sick pay and funeral grants could be drawn for families that are financially distressed or destitute.