Ipswich Rose Inn
closed 1932 circa
48 Pottery St
grid reference TM 170 442
View in Google Earth
last updated 24/07/2015
Listed as a shop in 1932 Kelly's Directory, property not listed in 1939.
It stood roughly where part of the current Suffolk College now stands. Pottery Street evolved in the 1830s as part of the development of the "Potteries" - an impoverished area of town, packed with low quality housing that was mostly cleared in the 1930s.
In 1891-92 listed at 50 Pottery st.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)