Scroll through other Ipswich closed premises
This pub was open from at least 1881 as the Race Horse, it was called the Shamrock by 1891, and the Lyceum Tavern by 1901. It was not shown as a pub in earlier censuses.
It evidently stood between the Salutation and Major's Corner. The Borough Police licensed premises register shows that a bobby on beat number 2 would walk past the Beehive, the Red Lion, the Lyceum Tavern and the Salutation.
Closure date recorded in the Borough Police licensed premises register 1903-1923.
last updated 28/12/2013
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Closure date from Borough Police records.