Timber framed local retaining a Lacons sign. The building is divided into two parts; the larger bar on the left is in the part of the building that survived the Great Fire of Badwell Ash in 1723, while the smaller one on the right was rebuilt after the fire.
The older part of the building dates from the 16th century, though the exterior is 19th century.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(census information from Dudley Diaper)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)