Ipswich Handford Cottage
closed December 9th, 1974
last owner Tolly Cobbold
73 Handford Rd
grid reference TM 155 445
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 23/07/2015
Comparing the building in the early 21st century with the old drawing, it would seem that the pub was either extensively remodelled or perhaps re-built at some time.
After many years of being used as a storage facility for a local building supplies company it was demolished at the end of November 2011.
Listed at 59 in 1871 & 1881.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Closure date from Ipswich licensing records.