previously known as Wickham Queen, Queen's Head
closed between 1958 and 1977
grid reference TL 753 584
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
last updated 11/04/2015
Appears in the Listed Buildings Register as Byford House, Barber's Lane, but now known as Queen's House. The building dates from the 16th or 17th century and it was re-fronted in the early 19th century.
Shown as "Queen" or "Queen Inn" on the OS maps from 1885 to 1958. By the 1977 sheet it's marked as "Queen's Cottage" so evidently closed between 1958 and 1977.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)