Wangford Loyal Oak
closed March 3rd, 1958
grid reference TM 468 789
View in Google Earth
Wangford is part of the Wangford with Henham parish
last updated 09/09/2013
Although the pub is shown consistently as the Loyal Oak in licensing records from 1974 until its closure in 1958, we have seen it recorded as the Royal Oak. This seems to be an error, probably caused by somebody assming they'd read "Royal" rather than the less common "Loyal".
The license was surrendered in 1958.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)