previously known as Three Tuns
closed 1973 circa
grid reference TM 276 492
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
last updated 25/03/2015
now offices. The building dates from the 18th century.
The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the Sun's license was issued in 1853. Whether this was when it was first licensed or when it got a full (ie not just beer) license isn't clear, though the latter seems more probable.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1871 census details from Liz Whittaker)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)