Scroll through other Woodbridge closed premises
Now shops. Mainly built in the early 19th century, with some early 18th century parts at the back.
The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the King's Arms' license was issued in 1853. Whether this was when it was first licensed or when it got a full (ie not just beer) license isn't clear, though the latter seems more probable.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** on Jun-18 in 1881 when Mr Hines was the landlord states that:
Mr Hines the landlord of the Kings Arms Inn borrowed a ten pin ball from a man called Mouser who in turn had bought it from a Federick Spalding alias "The British Workman". Spalding had stolen the ball from William Revett landlord of the Cock and Pye, Woodbridge, he was found guilty and received one months imprisonment with hard labour.
listed building grade II
last updated 07/11/2014
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)