Scroll through other Woodbridge closed premises
now a private residence. The building dates from the 18th century.
The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the Horse & Groom's license was issued in 1853. Whether this was when it was first licensed or when it got a full (ie not just beer) license isn't clear, though the latter seems more probable.
It closed in 1960, when the license was transferred to a new (un-named) pub in Sproughton (though we can't identify which this is likely to have been yet).
listed building grade II
last updated 25/08/2014
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Licensing information from Woodbridge licensing records.
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)