loading
X
Photo of Swan

grid reference TM 090 697

Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us

listed building grade II


CAMRA Mid-Anglia branch.


last updated 14/10/2017

Wickham Skeith Swan

historical era: mid 20th century

closed April 30th, 1967

last owner Lacon's

The Street

Overview | Gallery | Historical info | Public transport | Map

The pub was built in 15th century, with later extensions.

The village hall was built in 1909 as a men's reading room, to keep them away from the Swan, though it took nearly 60 years to keep enough away from it so that it closed.

It's shown on this old OS map from about the end of the 19th century. larger map

old OS map


(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

Closure date from Eye licensing records.

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

Old OS map reproduced with the permission of the National Library of Scotland.