Weston Duke of Marlborough
closed Between 1922 and late 1930s.
grid reference TM 424 876
View in Google Earth
CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.
last updated 21/07/2015
Listed in the 1910 Redisham Rates book, but later annotated "delicensed". So must have closed some time between 1922 (last listed licensee) and the 1930s, during the period the book was in use.
Shown here on the 1884 OS map. The building at this location now appears too modern to have been the pub, so we assume the pub's been demolished.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
John Churchill (1650-1722) was the first Duke of Marlborough and became a famous soldier & statesman under James II, William III and Queen Anne - who gave him not just the title but also Blenheim Palace from a grateful nation after winning the War of Spanish Succession.