Walsham le Willows Four Ashes
grid reference TM 002 706
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 21/07/2015
The building dates from the 16th century.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** on 21 June in 1854 states that :
Auction of the Four Ashes Inn, Walsham le Willows. Mr John LARTER, the present proprietor, retires entirely in consequence of ill-health.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1891 census information from Dudley Diaper)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)