Scroll through other Sudbury closed premises
Former Inn and Posting House.
Destroyed by fire 1 Jan 1922.
Shown on the 1884 OS town plan as being directly to the south of the church.
Also reported as being at Market Hill. In 16th cent. this inn (then called the Crown) formed three sides around a great courtyard and was frequently used for mayorial banquets.
last updated 02/03/2014
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of the londonpublichouse.com website)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(**** report reproduced with kind permission from Foxearth & District Local History Society)