Scroll through other Stowmarket closed premises
The building dates from the late 16th century.
The name had changed by 1818. An earlier inn of this name was located in Ipswich Street but closed in 1808.
Now used as auctioneers' offices.
listed building grade II
last updated 25/04/2013
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(detailed information from Neil Langridge - and also Brian Southgate - see their book "Stowmarket, Combs and Stowupland Pubs" published by Polstead Press in 2009)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(**** historical details supplied by Neil Langridge)