closed between 1916 and 1958?
grid reference TL 783 522
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
last updated 11/04/2015
The building dates from the 16th century. The pub is shown on the 1905 OS map, but by it isn't marked on the 1958 edition; on the 1978 sheet it's shown as "Plough House". So it probably closed some time between 1916 (the most recent directory entry found) and 1958.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)