Bury St Edmunds Wheatsheaf
127 King's Rd
grid reference TL 848 641
View in Google Earth
last updated 02/08/2015
King's Rd was previously called Cemetery Rd. and Field Lane before that.
Now a hairdresser's shop.
Listed at 45 Cemetery Rd. by 1881, 127 Cemetery Rd. by 1901 and 127 King's Rd. by 1916. (Street renaming and renumbering)
A report in the Ipswich Journal** in Jun 1880 states that : Died on the 10th Sarah Ann, wife of Mr H Fenner, aged 52, of the Wheat Sheaf.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** Last Orders is a free local newsletter - published by Suffolk CAMRA memers since 1978)