Reydon New Quay
previously known as Quay Inn
closed 1887 or 1888
grid reference TM 485 767
View in Google Earth
CAMRA North-East Suffolk branch.
last updated 18/08/2015
A report in the Ipswich Journal** on 29 Sep in 1847 states that :
On 20th September, 1847, died, aged 74, Mr William WATLING, Landlord of the New Quay public-house at Reydon, near Southwold. The deceased was as well as usual, and was in his marsh, driving his cows home, when he was found dead.
Closed 1887-8; last entry in the licensing records was in 1887.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
Closure date from Blything licensing records.