Occold Bottles Inn
previously known as Three Bottles
closed February 10th, 1956
last owner S&P
grid reference TM 152 711
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
last updated 07/11/2014
Dates from the early 17th century with many additions subsequently.
Closed in 1956, when the license was transferred to the Beaconsfield Arms.
In late 19th cent. the landlord was a local man, a former farm labourer named Ambrose Reynolds, and he and his wife Emma held the license from the mid 1870s through to the turn of the century.
(information from Rod Cross)
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
Closure date from Hartismere licensing records.