Nayland Queen's Head
1-3 High St
grid reference TL 975 343
listed building grade II*
View in Google Earth
Nayland is part of the Nayland with Wissington parish
last updated 30/01/2015
Mainly dates from the 16th and 17th centuries but may have some parts dating back to the 15th.
In 1823 coaches left here for Colchester & London on Mon, Wed & Fri afternoons at 4pm and coaches left here for Sudbury on Tue, Thu and Sat mornings at 11am. By 1839 no coaches were listed as stopping at the inn.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)