Lowestoft Royal Hotel
previously known as Royal Hotel & Harbour Inn, Royal Family hotel
closed 1972 circa
grid reference TM 547 925
View in Google Earth
last updated 18/07/2015
The site is now occupied by the East Point Pavillion.
Shown here on the 1890 OS map.
In 1865 is listed as Royal Hotel & Harbour inn, although this could mean the same proprietor was also running the Harbour Inn.
In 1912 is listed at Royal plain (facing Esplanade) and described as a family hotel.
In 1916 this hotel was the home of the Royal Arch Chapter of Freemasons and the Unity Lodge of Freemasons.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)