previously known as Black Birds, Three Blackbirds
opened 1734 or earlier
closed about WW1
1 Market Ln
grid reference TL 915 492
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 22/04/2016
A report in the Ipswich Journal** on 16 Oct in 1847 states that :
To Publicans, to be let, with immediate possession, The Blackbirds Inn, Lavenham - brews their own beer, for further particulars apply at the Westgate Street Brewery, Bury St Edmunds.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** on 18 Mar in 1848 states that :
The Blackbirds Inn (Lavenham) to be let : apply to Mr Edward Green, Westgate Brewery, Bury St Edmunds.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)