Scroll through other Lakenheath closed premises
Located at TL676857 - situated on river and close to an area marked on O.S. Map as Botany Bay. Building is demolished and today very little evidence remains. Reckoned to have been open till 1955-60.
Had a drink there as young boy being taken out for a ginger beer around early 50's. Possibly a Stewart & Patterson house.
(Details supplied by Chris Curtis)
Shown here on the 1900 OS map
last updated 16/11/2013
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
The green dragon may be a reference to the Earl of Pembroke and appears on their coat of arms. William de la Pole, 1st Duke of Suffolk was an important medieval English soldier and commander in the Hundred Years' War and later Lord Chamberlain of England. He was created Earl of Pembroke in 1447 and Duke of Suffolk in 1448.