mid 20th century
opened 18th cent.
grid reference TM 275 401
View in Google Earth
last updated 16/11/2013
According to the Woodbridge licensing register, the Greyhound's license was issued in 1853. Whether this was when it was first licensed or when it got its full (ie not just beer) license isn't known.
This pub appears on the 1838 and 1921 OS maps.
The landlord and landlady from 1929 was Walter and Ethel Pooley. Ethel died in the 1940's after which time their daughter, Flossie Wynne ran the pub with her father Walter until it closed in 1962.
The pub was subsequently demolished in 1966.
Curiously, the Felixstowe licensing records show the Greyhound as closing on December 3rd, 1967.
Many thanks to Ali Phillips, who is Flossie Wynne's grandaughter and has supplied this infomation.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)