Kedington Barnardiston Head (Head)historical era: late 20th century
Dash End Ln
grid reference TL 709 469Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us
View in Google Earth
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 11/06/2016
This was a pub until 1978 and is now a private house relatively unchanged externally. It was locally called the "Head".
(information supplied by Peter Rowlinson)
The 1841 census does not list a pub in Dash End, but possible later landlord listed in Gold Street, adjacent to Dash End.
Details of pub premises belonging to the Kedington Brewery estate sold, along with the brewery buildings, by auction 13 July 1883*** - taken from the original source of documentation at Suffolk Record Office:
Kedington: The Barnardiston Head
Highway leading to Hundon.
The House contains: Tap room, Parlour, Bar, Bar-Parlour, Kitchen, Cellar and 3 Bedrooms.
At the Rear: A small convenient Homestead comprising a timber-built and thatched Barn, Cow Shed, Table, Piggeries, and Slaughter House, an Orchard and 5 acres of arable land.
Occuped by Mr. Hezekiah Choat.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(***Original source of documentation - Suffolk Records Office â€“ transcribed by Graham Nunn)