Scroll through other Ipswich closed premises
A report in the Ipswich Journal*** on 11 Feb in 1826 states that :
New Wherry Inn to be let immediately, situated near the Common Quay, Ipswich, enquire at Brewery of Studd, Halliday and Acton, St Peters, Ipswich
The building shown probably replaced an earlier pub of the same name close to same position. In later years only the upper floor was used as a pub.
Property on The Quay shown as Wherry Inn in 1932 but in Kelly's Directory is shown as a sack and bag merchant in 1939.
last updated 10/02/2014
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)