Ipswich Three Cups Inn
closed March 25th, 1962
last owner tollemache
78 Bramford Rd
grid reference TM 153 451
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 17/07/2015
Demolished, having been closed as the result of a Compulsory Purchase Order.
A reference in the Ipswich Journal*** on 17 Mar 1739 to the Three Cups, Ipswich
Also listed at Friars bridge in 1865.
An advert in the The Bury and Norwich Post** on Tue 13 March 1866 lists this pub (Cups) as part of the sale of Stonham Brewery together with 26 other premises.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historical details supplied by Neil Langridge)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)