Ipswich St Matthews Ale Store
37 St Matthew's St
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 17/07/2015
License surrendered April 1905 according to the Borough Police licensed premises register 1903-1923.
Also listed at 37 & 39.
A report in the Ipswich Journal** in Jan 1875 states :
Mr Robert Walter Keeble applied for a temporary license for the St Matthew's Ale Stores, it was stated that the applicant had kept the Saracen's Head, St Margaret's for 12 to 13 years, and there was nothing against his character (a certificate to which was handed in.) The Magistrates granted the application.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)