previously known as Grapevine
3 North Hill
grid reference TM 269 496
listed building grade II
View in Google Earth
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.
last updated 10/04/2016
Now a private residence, the building dates from the early 18th century.
The 1904 Woodbridge licensing records show that the Grapes' beerhouse license was issued in 1853. The license was surrendered in 1928. It's only listed in the 1910 Rates book as a "beer shop", so may have only been selling off towards the end.
Shown here on the 1881 OS map.
North Hill was previously called Sandy Hill and landlord entries before 1871 are based on this address.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Licensing information from Woodbridge licensing records.