loading
X
Photo of Queen's Head

grid reference TL 854 640

opened 18th century

visit website

(details under review)

Something we've got wrong about this establishment? Something more you think we should know about it? Please email us

listed building grade II


Local licensing authority for Bury St Edmunds is St Edmundsbury

CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.


last updated 02/06/2018

Bury St Edmunds Queen's Head

(temporarily closed)

39 Churchgate St, IP33 1RG

01284 761554

Overview | Gallery | Historical info | Public transport | Map

A former coaching inn refurbished in a Victorian style. Popular with drinkers, especially at weekend, when food is available all day.

It was built mid 19th century on an older core.

Found closed and for sale when visited in July 2016; it was still in this state in May 2017. A new license application was lodged in May 2018 and it appears the pub will probably reopen (as the Queen's) in July.


(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)

(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)

(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)

(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)

(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)