Ipswich Royal Standard
closed July 29th, 1959
last owner tollemache
20 The Mount
grid reference TM 159 445
View in Google Earth
last updated 11/04/2015
Demolished. The Mount ran roughly from what's now the east end of Handford Rd. through to the junction of Elm St. and Black Horse Lane.
Closed as a result of a compulsory purchase order by the council.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Closure date from Ipswich licensing records.
(census information from Dudley Diaper)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)