grid reference TL 855 642
opened 1480 circa
owner Gusto Pronto Ltdemail us
- Mon-Thu: 1200-2300
- Fri-Sat: 1200-2400
- Sun: 1200-1800
- Mon-Fri: 1200-1430, 1800-2200
- Sat: 1200-2200
- Sun: 1200-1630
regular real ales
Brewshed Best, Pale, American Blonde & guests
listed building grade II
Local licensing authority for Bury St Edmunds is St Edmundsbury
CAMRA West Suffolk & Borders branch.
last updated 31/01/2018
Bury St Edmunds One Bull
previously known as: Bull, Abbey, Black Bull
Real Ale is available here
25 Angel Hill, IP33 1UZ
01284 848 220
Close to the Abbey gardens, this is believed to be Bury's oldest pub.
The One Bull is run by the Brewshed brewery, based at the Beerhouse in Bury St Edmunds. Four Brewshed beers are usually available plus guest beers. Children are welcome before 6pm in the bar and 8pm in the restaurant but evenings are strictly for over 18s.
Beer served through handpulls
Lunchtime meals (not just snacks)
Traditional pub games available
Bus stop nearby (see public transport tab for details)
Railway station about 0.6 mile away (see public transport tab for details)
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(1861 census information from Malcolm Fairley)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)
(*** historic newspaper information from Bob Mitchell)
The One Bull has stood here for over six centuries. Its name derives from the Latin bulla, meaning "the seal of the monastery". There's no mystery as to which monastery this refers to.