last owner tollemache
St Peter's Dock
grid reference TM 169 440
View in Google Earth
last updated 11/04/2015
It's thought that the Pilot closed some time between 1880 (when the map below was surveyed) and 1904 (when a subsequent map didn't show it). Its site is listed in the 1909 Rates book as "Vine Inn (late)", which strengthens the case for closure about this time.
Now this dockside area is occupied by new university central building.
As shown on an 1881 map
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
(** historic newspaper information from Stuart Ansell)