Ipswich Magpie Inn
closed January 1st, 1911
39 Wolsey St
grid reference TM 161 442
View in Google Earth
last updated 17/07/2015
Closure date recorded in the Borough Police licensed premises register 1903-1923.
The name Henry Cook, who was the licensee by 1871 and until at least 1881, can be clearly seen in the photo.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
The name may refer to an ancient meaning for the word magpie, "a half pint".