Ipswich Lord Palmerstonhistorical era: mid 20th century
closed January 31st, 1962
last owner ind coope
14 St Matthew's St
CAMRA Ipswich & East Suffolk branch.last updated 03/01/2017
According to the Borough Police licensed premises register 1903-1923, beat bobby number 16 would walk past the pub between the Rainbow and Golden Fleece, placing it somewhere near where we show it on the map. The pub has since been demolished.
Thomas William Mannall appears in the 1881 census as landlord of the Lord Palmeston in St Matthews Street (also one time landlord of the George Inn, Woodhouse St) (info from JOHN MARTIN)
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
Closure date from Ipswich licensing records.
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)