Ipswich Little Crown and Anchor
closed January 10th, 1920
last owner cobbold
11 Curve St
grid reference TM 171 444
View in Google Earth
last updated 11/04/2015
Also listed at 1-3 Gibson Street, but the Curve Street address is what's shown in the 1909 Ipswich Rates book, so seems definitive.
Curve St. is the old name for the part of Rope Walk that runs east from what remains of Regent St. and curves round onto St Helen's St. Gibson St ran south from Curve St. to the footpath which runs from the old Suffolk College site through to Back Hamlet.
Closure date recorded in the Borough Police licensed premises register 1903-1923.
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)