Scroll through other Ipswich closed premises
Castle St. was roughly where the Wolsey Theatre now stands. The Ipswich licensing records and Rate books show that although listed as a beerhouse, it was only licensed for off-sales.
last updated 20/03/2013
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)
The Company of Joiners were granted a coat of arms in 1571. Traditionally they were usually employed in producing more ornamental work than carpenters.