previously known as Royal George
1 Woodhouse St
grid reference TM 167 443
View in Google Earth
last updated 23/04/2015
The George must have closed in the first decade of the 20th century, as the 1909 Rates book records it as "George Inn (late)".
Woodhouse Street was a street off Waterworks Street, which no longer exists, and was called Victoria St. until sometime between 1874-81.
Replaced by modern housing.
Closure date recorded in the Borough Police licensed premises register 1903-1923.
As shown on an 1881 map of Ipswich.
Not to be confused with a George/Royal George that is listed at Tower Ramparts/High St. (St Matthew's parish)
(Most pub, location & historic details collated by Nigel, Tony or Keith - original sources are credited)
(some old PO directory information courtesy of londonpublichouse.com)